Mushroom, Potato and Chorizo Tacos
- In a medium pot, add potatoes and cover with water about 1 inch above the potatoes. Place the pot on a burner on high and boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, combine the chorizo and onion. Sauté, stirring very frequently, until sausage is cooked through and onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5-7 minutes more until the mushrooms have cooked down.
- Add the potatoes and stir to combine. Let the entire mixture cook for about 5 minutes more until the potatoes are just golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a warm, damp kitchen towel, put them on a microwave-safe plate dish, and warm them in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Top each tortilla with the mushroom, potato chorizo mixture and any desired toppings and serve immediately.
- 2 medium red-skin potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces Mexican chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 10 ounces baby bella or crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- Cotija Cheese
Fungi in the Kitchen
Check out our weekly mushroom recipe videos!
How to Prepare
Learn how to properly prepare mushrooms