Vegetarian Mushroom "Meatloaf" Cups
These meatloaf cups are seriously a cinch to whip together. Eating just one or two “meatloaf” cups with hearty black beans and chopped portabella mushrooms will keep you full and satisfied.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray the muffin tin with non-stick spray or olive oil spray.
- In a food processor, add onion and garlic and pulse until chopped but not blended.
- Heat a large pan over medium low heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until transparent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Next, chop the mushroom and broccoli in the food processor. Add them to the pan with the onion and garlic and stir to combine.
- Finally, pulse the black beans in the food processor until they are very roughly chopped. Add to the pan. Mince the chipotle pepper and add to the pan as well. Add soy sauce and spices to skillet and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a separate bowl. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before continuing.
- Add whisked eggs and breadcrumbs to the cooled mixture and mix to fully combine. Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture into each muffin tin and push down with the back of a spoon to pack down. Spray the tops with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped in food processor
- 3 garlic cloves, minced in food processor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 heaping cup sliced fresh baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 heaping cups roughly chopped raw broccoli
- one 16 ounce can cooked black beans, drained and rinsed clean (about 1 and 1/2 cups drained)
- 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo or chili powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Fungi in the Kitchen
Check out our weekly mushroom recipe videos!
How to Prepare
Learn how to properly prepare mushrooms