Join Our Team
Date of Opening
July 23, 2021
$11 per hour
The Line Operator is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the packing processing line of J-M Farms Product to meet company goals of safety, quality, delivery, and customer satisfaction. A line operator works as part of the supporting team for the Line Technician. The successful line operator will learn and understand tasks like assembling products into a container, weighing packages, inspecting wrap, checking date codes, stacking cartons, and putting the product onto a conveyor belt to feed the line.
Essential Job Functions
- Scale Operator – operating the scale in an accurate, efficient manner
- Catch – catch wrapped product from the conveyor
- Stacker – puts product on the pallets
- Feeder – supplies product to the line to be process
- Line Operators must be able to accept directions and follow precisely in order to guarantee customer’s satisfaction
- Ability to follow directions and work independently and productively with limited supervision, or as a team
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe and efficient manner
- Performs other related duties as requested
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on the safe handling and proper use of machines and tools used for the operations
- Adherence to Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s) for food processing
- Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) for food processing
- Accurate completion of daily logs and reports according to the SOP
- Regular contact with all levels of personnel throughout the organization
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Other tasks assigned by manager
- Professionalism, flexibility and creativity
- Ability to learn and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflow
- Regular and reliable attendance
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- Able to read and write in English in order to inspect date codes and labels, and read scale weights
- Detail-oriented, results-focused
To successfully perform the job’s essential functions, the employee must be an articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possess excellent communication skills. The ability to professionally and comfortably interact with all personnel levels, including management, supervisory, etc., is vital. The employee will work closely with personnel in their department to ensure work and problem resolution accuracy.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be required to utilize safety equipment and clothing to avoid exposure to chemicals, moving equipment, noise, and temperature extremes. Hard hats and other required personal protective equipment must be utilized in designated locations. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. utilizing proper lifting techniques. Wrist, hand, and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials. Accommodations may be extended to individuals with disabilities if such accommodations are determined to be reasonable and necessary to permit the performance of the essential functions of this position.
Working hours are determined by facility management to meet the needs of the business. These may include weekends and holidays.
Appropriate dress and hygiene are essential in promoting a positive J-M Farms image to our customers, both internally and externally. As a result, J-M Farms typically allows a “business casual” dress code, provided that employees are well-groomed, neat, and are dressed appropriately for their job functions. Due to the nature of some positions, jeans and tasteful shirts are allowed. Some work areas have frigid temperatures. Therefore, shirts and hoodies to keep warm are strongly encouraged. Uniforms are available to all employees at their cost payroll deducted. However, due to the Tunnels’ duties, uniforms are available at no cost to employees working in the Tunnels. Hairnets, beard nets are required in all harvesting areas at all times. Hairnets, beard nets, lab coats are required in packaging areas at all times. Personal hygiene is strongly encouraged.
The above descriptions are not intended to be all-inclusive lists; rather they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. In addition, it is not intended to be construed as a contract of employment; the employment relationship can be terminated by the employer or the employee, with or without notice, at anytime.