JOB TITLE: Hall Worker
LOCATION: Miami, OK
REPORTS TO: Harvesting Supervisor
DATE OF OPENING: 04/23/2017
STARTING PAY: $9.00/hr
This is a full time position with benefits. The employee will perform duties as required to work inside the mushroom harvesting facility at JM Farms. This is a rotating shift. The shift is four days on and two days off averaging 32-45 hours per week. The employee will play an important role in the day to day operations at the growing facility.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform essential duties in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform appropriate work functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on the safe handling and proper transportation of product to the Crop Production Management (CPM) area
· Following SOP’s on the safe handling of hazardous chemicals and strictly adhering to the procedures
· Daily cleaning of rooms, floors, and equipment
· Performing calibrations as needed
· Accurate completion of daily logs and reports according to the SOP
· Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) for food processing
· Monitoring performance of sanitation equipment
· Good communication with supervisors and other employees
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
· General housekeeping duties
· Moving bins and trays with a forklift
Requirements and Skills
· Must be at least eighteen years of age
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to work early mornings as well as weekends and holidays
· Ability to adhere closely to SOP’s
· Proven abilities to work independently and productively with limited supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
· Self-motivation and honesty
· Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
· Bilingual is a plus, but is not required
· Previous forklift experience is preferred, but is not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical requirements listed below are rated on a percentage per workday basis. Reference is made according to the terms "Seldom" (1-19%), "Occasional" (20-39%), "Frequent" (40-79%), and "Continuous" (80-100%).
· STANDING/WALKING: Continuous
· SITTING: Seldom
· LIFTING/CARRYING: Continuous
· PUSHING/PULLING: Continuous
· REACHING/STRETCHING: Continuous
· HANDLING: Continuous
· BENDING/STOOPING: Continuous
· KNEELING: Frequent
· CLIMBING: Continuous
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, but is intended to describe the general nature of the job, and does not restrict the manager’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. JM Farms is an agricultural farm that only pays straight time. It is a 7 day a week and 365 day a year mushroom growing operation. Benefits include health insurance, 401K, vacation, and earned time.
An Employment Application can be found below or apply in person at Penmac located at 103 E Central Suite 100 Miami, OK 74354.
Thank you for applying! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form